Sunday, November 28, 2004

 

Girls/Guys Is there a difference?

A friend of mine was mentoring a highschool girl when she became aware of behaviours within a young male that were causing missed feelings within the girl. Her first response was to go and tell this male case of testosterone to stop doing what he was doing.

Call me nutts but I don't think this is right. Like I believe in guy and girl friendships - without them we'd never understand communication in dating, marriage and everyday life. What I am saying here is that there are areas of influence where I don't think guys should be helping girls, nor girls guys with. I'm very big on accountability and being accountable to same sex friends so that they can prod deeper within for issues of embarassment, shame, and sin.

We can have our spouses and significant others to remind us when we are straying from a goal or ideal, but really accountablity from a same sex friend is so important in our lives.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]