Sunday, February 15, 2009

 

What a Difference a Year Makes

I was just reading last year's Valentines Day preblog and here I am doing 2009's post Valentine's Day blog. I am happy to find myself feeling the same. A friend of mine and her boyfriend even brokeup for Valentine's Day (yes even I found that strange, yet at the same time awakening). Why do we rebel so much about a day?

Its not the day that is materialistic, but the people celebrating the day. Do the cards make Valentine's Day materialistic? Do the romantic dinners make the day wrong? I agree if expectation forces behaviour then I do have a problem on the overall process; but, shouldn't we want to give and show love just as I discussed last year?

I even forgot for a few minutes it was Valentines Day and as a friend's girlfriend feverously cooked over a stove for a quiet date night it took myself to remember to get out of there so they could have that night together. I thank those who don't remind me daily I am single and make it comfortable to be in a world where that is so.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]